Trainee Registered Manager (Children’s Services)
I am currently recruiting for an exciting position based in the Newchapel, Staffordshire area for a Trainee Registered Manager to join my well-established client within a residential children’s home.
My Client is looking for established deputy managers / team leaders with experience of working within residential children’s services who are looking to work their way up to registered manager offering the training and support to help you achieve your career aspirations!
As a trainee registered manager, you will be provided with the necessary training to succeed and to ensure you are eligible for registration (this includes the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management in Residential Childcare) and will work under one of their current registered managers to provide on the job training, upon successful completion of all training you will take the registration and lead of one of their nearby services.
If you want to be put on the fast track to registered manager and are currently working at a team leader / deputy manager level, in or nearby to the Newchapel, Staffordshire area, please apply below!
- Salary - £25,200 to £30,000
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position.
- Shifts – 169 Hours Per Month (2 on / 4 off) or (1 on / 2 off) Day Shift with 6+ sleep-ins per month
- Area – Newchapel, Staffordshire
- Create a safe and caring home environment for the children and young people service users, ensuring that they are always treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
- Oversee staff members induction, training, and development under your management. Also be available for the support of your team members.
- Provide a supportive and developmental environment for the service users to live and thrive as independently as possible.
- Promote the values and standards of the service provider.
- Ensure continuous development of the care approach towards the service users, by ensuring all team members receive training and are aware of the changing needs of the service users.
- In the absence of the registered manager, you will be expected to assume the role of acting manager.
- Support our young people in daily activities such as attending schools, cleaning, shopping, family contact, community activities and holidays.
- Support the Registered Manager in various tasks ensuring that care planning and assessment is delivered at an Outstanding level.
- Excellent leadership and management skills are necessary for this position as you will be responsible for organizing and managing a team.
- It is vital that you are able to commit to either a 2 in / 4 off rota or 1 in / 2 off rota with the flexibility to cover shifts as and when required for absence, sickness etc.
- Hold a full UK driver’s license and be able to commute to the Newchapel, Staffordshire area.
- Either hold a NVQ level 3 or Level 4 in residential childcare.
- You must be able to commit to start working towards your NVQ level 5 in Leadership and Management in Children’s Residential.
- There are times when this position can be challenging, and so emotional resilience is a necessity for success.
- You will need to a have a strong desire to succeed, and to provide the highest level of care at any time to the service users, ensuring that you always cater to their diverse individual needs.
- Experience working with service users that have learning disabilities is a must.
- You will be required to have good IT skills and be computer literate, with good literacy, numeracy, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent professional development and training opportunities available – fast tracked to registered manager!
- A company that wants you to succeed and will help you to progress in your career.
- Free meals whilst on shift from the home’s cookery team.
- Employee assistance and discount programmes.
- Paid DBS and enrolment onto the update service at time of appointment.
- Access to COVID-19 vaccine’s and regular testing.
The position of Trainee Registered Manager is an exciting opportunity where you will work for a company that will invest in your professional development and growth, putting you on the fast track to registered manager. If you feel you are right for the position, and either reside in or can travel to the Newchapel, Staffordshire area please apply within, alternatively if you would like any further details please get in contact with Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.