Team Leader – Learning Disabilities
Are you a motivated and knowledgeable team leader within the health and social care sector currently looking for a new opportunity based within the Witham, Essex area?
If that’s you, I am currently recruiting on the behalf of my client who is well established in the industry and has an excellent name. Their Witham, Essex service location is rated ‘good’ by the CQC and is highly rated within the local area, supporting service users with learning disabilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the registered manager in the general running of the home, supervising the team of support workers, ensuring that all members of the team receive all required training and always certifying that the home is providing the best care and support possible to the service users.
- Salary – Up to £22,655 p.a.
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – 37 Hours Per Week on a Rota basis (Flexibility is a must!)
- Area – Witham, Essex
- Supporting the registered manager of the service with the day to day running of the home.
- Supervising the staff team as well as acting as the first line of enquiry for the team on any of their queries, or requests.
- Setting the staff rota and arranging the daily deployment of the team, taking into account holiday requests, sickness, and leaves.
- Onboarding of new members of the support team to the service as well as ensuring the training of existing staff members remains up to date.
- Providing direct support to the service users, as well checking in with them to ensure they are receiving the best support possible and are happy with their care.
- Promoting a supportive environment for the service users, where they are safeguarded and feel comfortable.
- Previous experience of supporting service users with learning disabilities, preferably within a residential or supported living environment.
- Either reside in or be happy to travel to the Witham, Essex area (Drivers License is not required).
- Either hold or be happy to complete the NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Knowledge of relevant Data Protection, GDPR, CQC policies, Legal and Local governing rules and requirements within the health and social care industry.
- You must have experience of supervising and leading a team.
- You will have a strong record of achievement and a secure knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills are essential as you will be using them daily whether it be creating, rotas, care plans, days out and more!
- Long term employment with a market leading company within the health and social care industry.
- A salary of up to £22,655 p.a.
- 21 Days holiday + 8 banks.
- Access to a competitive employee discount scheme.
- Usage of my client’s fantastic health and wellbeing programme.
The position of Team Leader is an excellent opportunity for either an existing team leader looking for a change or an accomplished senior support worker looking for a step up. This is a fantastic position for you to grow your career within the health and social care industry, with a market leading company that will support your professional growth and development. Should you be interested in the position please do not hesitate to get in touch with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough branch for a confidential conversation.