Support Worker - Night
A fantastic and exciting opportunity for a motivated Support Worker who works with adults who have emotional, behavioural, and learning difficulties has recently become available. If you want to make a difference on a daily basis by assisting adults in living as independently as possible, look no further! Thornbury, Gloucestershire, is the location of the service.
My client is well established, and their services are managed to a high standard and they are looking for Support Workers with the confidence and ability to make a difference. You will need to support service users and colleagues in the service and further improve and maintain the high standards that are embedded throughout their values and service delivery.
This is a great opportunity and will not be around for long!
- Salary –£14 560 per annum + bigger payment for overtimes
- Hours – 28 hours
- Shifts – Night Days (Flexible working)
- Area – Thornbury, Gloucestershire,
Responsibilities – Support Worker- Night
- Support new Team Leaders and care staff in the completion of induction programs, training and competency assessment.
- To provide a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which service users can feel secure and free from harm.
- Establishing positive relationships with service users and always offering them unconditional and positive regard.
- Helping service users gain self-control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding acceptable, pro-social conduct.
- Ensuring that each person’s care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs.
- Attending to practical matters in relation to helping service users to cook, clean and personal care.
- To act as a key worker or co-worker for the service user to ensure that their young care plans are up to date and that all their care needs are being met.
- To provide a positive role model to be able to offer advice, guidance, and assistance where appropriate.
Skills required – Support Worker- Night
- To be successful you will need to have a genuine interest and passion for working within the health and social care industry, being someone who prides themselves on the care and support service you are providing, always striving for continuous improvement in your approach.
- Being a team player is a must! Although there will be times that you may be working alone you will be a part of a larger care and support team made up of Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, RMNs and members of the Management team therefore it is essential that you are a team player who works with a collaborative approach.
- You should either reside in or be able to travel to the Littlehampton, West Sussex area – Although a driving license would be beneficial, it is not crucial and so long as you can commute to the service area it is non-essential.
- My client’s team are incredibly empathetic, and all come together to support one another however there will be times when the position can be tough and challenging (although the good days far outweigh the tough ones) therefore resilience is an essential skill.
- The successful candidate will require excellent English skills (both written and verbal), as you will be using these every day! Whether you are interacting with families, writing care notes, updating internal systems, or speaking with other healthcare professionals and more, these skills are imperative for long term success in the role.
Benefits – Support Worker – Learning Disabilities
- Competitive salary – £19 240 per year
- Excellent training opportunities (both internally and externally provided).
- Fully funded DBS at time of appointment.
- Fantastic overtime opportunities available.
- Refer a friend scheme
- Holyday payment
- Flexible working
The position of Support Worker – Mental Health and Learning Disabilities is an extremely rewarding one in which you can make a difference every day you come to work. If you believe you are qualified for the position and are willing to travel to Thornbury, Gloucestershire, or if you require any additional information, please contact Gergana Atanasova at our Peterborough office on 01733 606 240 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.