Support Worker (Mental Health)
Are you a skilled support worker with experience of supporting service users with severe and enduring mental health needs that is currently looking for a new and exciting role in a company that will invest in your professional growth and development?
If that is you, I am currently recruiting on the behalf of a national mental healthcare provider who is looking for compassionate and motivated individuals to join their charismatic and friendly team based in the Old Trafford, Greater Manchester area on day shifts.
My client prides itself on the quality of the care and support service they provide to their service users, always ensuring that only the best is ever delivered and that the service users continuously remain at the heart of everything they do – if you are passionate about the care you provide and want to work with a company that shares your values, then this is the position for you!
- Salary – £19,019 Per Annum
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position (38.5 Hrs Per Week)
- Shifts – Rotating Shift Pattern (Week One – 4 Shifts, Week Two – 3 Shifts) / Starting 07:45AM (12 Hours Per Day)
- Area – Old Trafford, Greater Manchester
- Promoting a developmental and supportive environment for the service users to reach their potential through utilising your patience and compassion.
- Monitoring the service users’ condition and mental state, ensuring that accurate records are kept and that any changes are reported to the senior team.
- Communicating with the service users’ family members, ensuring they remain updated and aware of their relative’s condition.
- Supporting the service users in the engagement of daily living activities.
- Assisting with light housekeeping duties to keep the care provision clean and presentable as well as helping at mealtimes with cooking / ensuring the service users are sufficiently fed.
- Taking responsibility for managing the medication of the service users you are supporting and prompting medication at set times and dosages.
- Operating in a supportive role, being available to talk through any concerns or worries the service users may be experiencing then reassuring and comforting them as well as reporting any severe concerns to the management team.
- Safeguarding the service users, ensuring that the service users feel they are in a safe and comfortable place.
- Always acting as an advocate for the service users, ensuring that they are aware and feel they have a voice and an input in their care.
- To be successful you will need to have a genuine interest and passion for working within the health and social care industry, being someone who prides themselves on the care and support service you are providing, always striving for continuous improvement in your approach.
- Being a team player is a must! Although there will be times that you may be working alone you will be a part of a larger care and support team made up of Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, RMNs and members of the Management team therefore it is essential that you are a team player who works with a collaborative approach.
- You should either reside in or be able to travel to the Old Trafford, Greater Manchester area – Although a driving license would be beneficial, it is not crucial and so long as you can commute to the service area it is non-essential.
- Holding an NVQ Level 2 (Or equivalent qualification) in Health and Social Care would benefit your application although is non-essential, if you do not hold this you will require a willingness to complete it upon appointment.
- My client’s team are incredibly empathetic, and all come together to support one another however there will be times when the position can be tough and challenging (although the good days far outweigh the tough ones) therefore resilience is an essential skill.
- The successful candidate will require excellent English skills (both written and verbal), as you will be using these every day! Whether you are interacting with families, writing care notes, updating internal systems, or speaking with other healthcare professionals and more, these skills are imperative for long term success in the role.
- Paid a competitive salary of £19,019 p.a.
- Excellent training opportunities (both internally and externally provided).
- Fully funded DBS at time of appointment.
- Fantastic overtime opportunities available.
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and friendly environment where you will be making a difference every single day with a company that will invest in your professional growth and development!
- Exciting progression pathways, with the support to achieve your career aspirations.
- Access to an outstanding employee assistance program.
Working as a Support Worker is an incredibly rewarding role where you will be making a difference to the service users lives every single day you go to work! If you want to work with a fantastic and well-established company in a role that is incredibly fulfilling, then look no further. If you are interested in the position or would like any further details, please get in contact with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough branch for a confidential chat.