Support Worker – Autism and Epilepsy
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated Support Worker to join our well-established client in Red Lodge, Suffolk. As a Support Worker, you will play an important role in assisting service user with autism and epilepsy.
This will be a difficult role. However, the benefits of this position are incomparable because you will be making a difference every day!
Our client is looking for enthusiastic individuals who will uphold their high standards of care and service and take pride in assisting adults to reach their full potential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference in people lives on a daily basis!
- Salary - £9.80 per hours /
- Hours of Work – 37.5 hours - Full Time, Permanent Position.
- Shifts – Flexible Shifts
- Area – Red Lodge, Suffolk
Responsibilities of Support Worker – Autism and Epilepsy
- Assisting with the practical tasks relating to the care of the service user such as cooking and cleaning.
- Establishing constructive relationships with the service user and ensuring he is always treated with the upmost respect and dignity.
- Ensuring that the needs of the service user in your care are being met by way of regularly reviewing and recording any changes to their needs.
- Meeting the physical, emotional, and cultural needs of the service user.
- Continually maintaining clear, accurate and up to date records of the service user you will be working with.
- Assist with the administration of medication in accordance with internal policies and legal requirements.
- Provide a supportive environment for the service users to meet their full potential.
Skills Required of Support Worker – Autism and Epilepsy
- A genuine interest and passion for care work priding yourself on the service you provide in helping service user to progress and develop.
- There can be times when the position can be very challenging, and so resilience is an essential skill – However the team are always there to help and work together.
- It is essential that you are a team player as you will be working closely with all levels of the support team to provide the best care possible.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) as you will be responsible for accurate and frequent record keeping on the service user.
- Basic IT skills will be beneficial.
- Hold a NVQ Level 2, additional qualifications related to care would be beneficial for your application.
- Experience working with service user with autism and epilepsy is essential.
Benefits of Support Worker – Autism and Epilepsy
- A competitive salary – £19,110
- Enrolled into Pension scheme.
- For those that want to grow and develop, exciting career progression opportunities are always available.
- Fully funded DBS check at time of appointment.
- Excellent Overtime rates, including bank holidays.
- Following successful appointment, relevant training and courses will be provided for advancement.
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3- and 5-years’ service
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling, and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
The position of Support Worker – Autism and Epilepsy is an extremely rewarding one in which you can make a difference every day you come to work. If you believe you are qualified for the position and are willing to travel to Red Lodge, Suffolk, or if you require any additional information, please contact Gergana Atanasova at our Peterborough office on 01733 606 240 or email her at email@example.com.