Ready for the next steps in your career?
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic people to become Support Workers who can make a difference to our service users lives, we would also like you to be able drive, and we are particularly interested in people who have experience working with those with physical health needs.
We are looking for someone who has passion, enthusiasm, and wants to make a real difference to someone's life. You will be supporting adults with everyday living, some of whom require minimal support right through to those with more complex needs, such as Autism and behaviours that can be challenging. You will help to support each individual to live a fulfilled life and remain as independent as possible. Some every day jobs could include administering medication, going for walks, giving personal care, going to events, day cares and schools, trips to places like the zoo and the beach, plus many more!
If that sounds like you, I am currently recruiting on the behalf of a national healthcare provider that is looking for caring and motivated individuals to join their team in the Bideford, Devon area on day shifts.
- Salary – £ 20,280 per year
- Hours of Work – 39 hrs
- Shifts – Flexible working time
- Area – Bideford, Devon
Support Worker duties:
- Supporting residents to develop independence and life skills.
- Assisting people to achieve daily goals & daily activities such as arts, crafts, hobbies.
- Assisting with the development of person-centred plans for our residents.
- This includes employment, education, and other opportunities.
- Maintaining records and drawing up risk assessments.
- Providing personal care where needed always working towards more independence.
- Supporting people in undertaking daily activities or development.
- You will be work as part of a dedicated team, with the flexibility to work on a rota basis.
- Our client requires support with aspects of all daily living activities.
- You will be working with our client on a 1:1 basis to ensure her complex daily personal care and welfare needs are met.
We are looking for friendly and adaptable individuals who can make a real difference by providing support on a day-to-day basis. You must have an enthusiastic personality and outlook on life, a caring attitude and naturally encourage our client to live independently. You will also be there to provide companionship and support in her home and accessing the community.
Successful applications MUST have:
• To be successful you will need to have a genuine interest and passion for working within the health and social care industry, being someone who prides themselves on the care and support service you are providing, always striving for continuous improvement in your approach.
• Being a team player is a must! Although there will be times that you may be working alone you will be a part of a larger care and support team made up of Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, RMNs and members of the Management team therefore it is essential that you are a team player who works with a collaborative approach.
• You should either reside in or be able to travel to the Bideford, North Devon area – Although a driving license would be beneficial, it is not crucial and so long as you can commute to the service area it is non-essential.
• Holding an NVQ Level 2 (Or equivalent qualification) in Health and Social Care would benefit your application although is non-essential, if you do not hold this you will require a willingness to complete it upon appointment.
• My client’s team are incredibly empathetic, and all come together to support one another however there will be times when the position can be tough and challenging (although the good days far outweigh the tough ones) therefore resilience is an essential skill.
• The successful candidate will require excellent English skills (both written and verbal), as you will be using these every day! Whether you are interacting with families, writing care notes, updating internal systems, or speaking with other healthcare professionals and more, these skills are imperative for long term success in the role.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Pension and life assurance
- Holyday payment
- Flexible working
- Fully funded DBS at time of appointment.
- Excellent training opportunities (both internally and externally provided).
The position of Support Worker is an extremely rewarding one in which you can make a difference every day you come to work. If you believe you are qualified for the position and are willing to travel to Bideford, Devon or if you require any additional information, please contact Gergana Atanasova at our Peterborough office on 01733 606 240 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.