Ready for the next steps in your career?
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic people to become Support Workers who can make a difference to our service users lives, we would also like you to be able drive our company vehicles, and we are particularly interested in people who have experience working with those with physical health needs.
We are looking for someone who has passion, enthusiasm, and wants to make a real difference to someone's life. You will be supporting adults with everyday living, some of whom require minimal support right through to those with more complex needs, such as Autism and behaviours that can be challenging. You will help to support each individual to live a fulfilled life and remain as independent as possible. Some every day jobs could include administering medication, going for walks, giving personal care, going to events, day cares and schools, trips to places like the zoo and the beach, plus many more!
If that sounds like you, I am currently recruiting on the behalf of a national healthcare provider that is looking for caring and motivated individuals to join their team in the Bradford, West Yorkshire area on day shifts.
- Salary – £9.80 per hour / £ 19 110 per year
- Hours of Work – 37.5
- Shifts – Mixed shift + sleeping included
- Area – Bradford, West Yorkshire
Support Worker duties:
- Supporting residents to develop independence and life skills.
- Assisting people to achieve daily goals & daily activities such as arts, crafts, hobbies.
- Assisting with the development of person-centred plans for our residents.
- This includes employment, education, and other opportunities.
- Maintaining records and drawing up risk assessments.
- Providing personal care where needed always working towards more independence.
- Supporting people in undertaking daily activities or development.
- You will be work as part of a dedicated team, with the flexibility to work on a rota basis.
- Our client requires support with aspects of all daily living activities.
- You will be working with our client on a 1:1 basis to ensure her complex daily personal care and welfare needs are met.
- We are looking for friendly and adaptable individuals who can make a real difference by providing support on a day-to-day basis. You must have an enthusiastic personality and outlook on life, a caring attitude and naturally encourage our client to live independently. You will also be there to provide companionship and support in her home and accessing the community.
Successful applications MUST have:
- Experience and skills in working with offenders and/or vulnerable people within a prison environment
- Experience and skills working with disadvantaged and excluded individuals, and managing issues around Mental Health Issues to Complex Users.
- A clean driving license is essential and the ability drive/travel between multiple prison sites.
- Custodial experience is preferred as this role will be working with clients across multiple prisons and an understanding of offending behaviour is necessary.
- Experience in working with individuals who have experienced mental health issues, disadvantaged & excluded individuals, including those who present a risk of harm is required to make appropriate referrals.
- A good understanding of safeguarding issues and the ability to assess risk in consultation with your team.
- An understanding of the methods and approaches that could be used to prepare clients to live and work independently.
- Excellent English Language communication skills, and administration skills to be able to produce high quality meeting minutes, client notes and letters.
- Some knowledge of the healthcare industry is of benefit.
- The ability to work under pressure and manage your time effectively, prioritizing need accordingly.
- A supportive and motivating approach to your client group, with a genuine desire to help clients turn their lives around.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary – £19,019
- Enrolled into Pension scheme.
- For those that want to grow and develop, exciting career progression opportunities are always available.
- Fully funded DBS check at time of appointment.
- Excellent Overtime rates, including bank holidays.
- Following successful appointment, relevant training and courses will be provided for advancement.
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3- and 5-years’ service
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling, and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
The position of Support Worker is an extremely rewarding one in which you can make a difference every day you come to work. If you believe you are qualified for the position and are willing to travel to Bradford, West Yorkshire or if you require any additional information, please contact Gergana Atanasova at our Peterborough office on 01733 606 240 or email her at email@example.com.