Service Manager – Learning Disabilities
Are you an established healthcare leader with a proven track record of successfully running a learning disabilities service who strives for excellence in all aspects of your working life?
If you are, I am currently recruiting for a service manager to join our well-established client based in the Walthamstow, London area – as a service manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the service runs in accordance with all relevant CQC, local governing and legal requirements and that best practices within health and social care are always promoted.
The successful candidate should have a strong backing of successful CQC audits and have experience of effectively running a service that supports adult service users with learning disabilities. My client is looking for a service manager that will uphold their high standards of care and maintain their companies core values to care.
- Salary - £34,934 - £39,295 per annum (DOE)
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position.
- Shifts – Monday to Friday (09:00AM to 17:00PM)
- Area – Walthamstow, London
- To oversee the financial budgets and staffing of your service.
- To manage all aspects of the home and to ensure that CQC, legislative and local governing regulations and policies are always adhered to.
- Ensure that the service users are always treated with the utmost dignity, respect, and safety, promoting a supporting and positive environment for the service users to thrive.
- Oversee staff members induction, training, and development under your management, and be available for the support of your team members.
- Promote the values and standards of the service provider ensuring that the service users are always at the forefront of everything you do.
- Ensure continuous development of the care approach towards the service users, by ensuring all team members receive all relevant / required training and are aware of the changing needs of the service users.
- Carry out assessments for support and housing as required for the service ensuring that adequate support / care packages are in place.
- Participation in the on-call rota for your service is required.
- Ensure that care / support planning and risk assessments within each service are in line with the person-centred principles and that they remain relevant and reviewed within pre-set time frames.
- You will need to have a strong record of achievement, along with previous experience of being a registered manager with a strong backing of CQC ratings within the care industry.
- This role requires a minimum of an NVQ Level 5 qualification in health and social care management or the registered manager award.
- You will be required to have good IT skills and be computer literate, with good literacy, numeracy, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- You will need to a have a strong desire to succeed, and to provide the highest level of care at any time to the service users, ensuring that you always cater to their diverse individual needs.
- Experience working with service users that have learning disabilities, and experience of working with complex needs is a must.
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated experience of motivating, managing, and developing staff
- Experience and knowledge of Safeguarding, lone working and health and safety requirements
- Competitive Salary of £34,934 - £39,295 per annum (DOE)
- Long term employment with a company that values in employees and will invest in their future.
- Competitive holiday entitlement of 24 days raising to 29 after 3 years of continuous service.
- Fully funded DBS check at time of appointment.
- Life Assurance
- Access to the employee discount scheme.
- Following successful appointment, relevant training and courses will be provided for advancement.
The position of Service Manager is an excellent opportunity to work with a fantastic company that invests in their employees, if you are interested in the position and have a passion for supporting adult service users with learning disabilities please apply within, if you would like any further information please do not hesitate to get in touch with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.