Service Manager – Learning Disabilities (12 Months Fixed Term)
Are you an experienced and dedicated Service Manager, with a secure understanding of managing a service that specialises in the care of service users with learning disabilities currently looking for a new challenge?
If that describes you, my client who is a national care provider with an excellent reputation in the industry is looking for a service manager to join their well-established care provision, assuming the management of 3 of their local services on a fixed term contract of 12 months to cover maternity leave.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great service provider, who truly believes in investing in their staff’s professional training and development!
Overview of Service Manager
- Salary – £33,828 (Including Annual Allowances)
- Hours of Work – Full Time 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
- Shifts – 37.5 Hours Per Week (Monday to Friday)
- Area – Weston-Super-Mare, Nailsea, Portishead, North Somerset
Responsibilities of Service Manager
- Assume the overall responsibility of 3 service’s, being held accountable for the quality of the care service delivered, and for ensuring the service remains fully CQC compliant in line with the 5 principles as set out - Safe, Effective, Caring, Responsive and Well-Led.
- Onboarding and inducting of new staff members, as well as supporting existing team members’ professional development and ensuring they remain up to date with all relevant / required training.
- Maintain a developmental environment for the service users to thrive within, that aids in promoting their independence and utilises a positive behaviour support model.
- Ensuring that the service users are always treated with the highest levels of respect and dignity and are always safeguarded.
- Responsible for the implementation of any new relevant CQC and local governing policies or best practices as well as being the responsible individual for any CQC / relevant audits.
- Managing the financial budgets and managing the capacity of the service.
Skills Required of Service Manager
- A secure knowledge of relevant CQC guidelines and a strong backing of previous successful CQC audits – achieving a rating of ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’
- The successful candidate will require previous experience in a management role within either the mental health or learning disabilities sector.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills, you will be responsible for the service and as such it is essential that you have a fluid approach to management and ever-changing situations.
- Flexibility is a must; no two day are the same and you will be required to recognise when something is not working and be able to alter your approach accordingly.
- It is essential that you hold a Level 3 in Health and Social Care Management (Or equivalent).
- It is essential you hold a valid UK Driver’s License as you will need to travel between services based within and 2 surrounding Weston-Super-Mare (roughly 20 minutes away).
- Previous exposure to working within a care provision that supports service users with challenging behaviours would be desired.
Benefits of Service Manager
- A competitive and market leading salary of £33,828 (Including Annual Allowances)
- Cost coverage of an Enhanced DBS at time of appointment.
- 25 days of annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
The position of Interim Service Manager is an excellent opportunity for the successful individual to work with a great company that has a fantastic culture along with excellent progression opportunities. If you feel you are right for the position or would like any further details, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough branch for a confidential chat.