We are looking to appoint a strong Service Manager to join our team at Kidbrook, Greenwich to deliver and day-to-day management. You will join our growing team at a truly exciting time with expanding services and a new fit. The successful applicant will demonstrate a desire to improve service user’s live and develop high performing of the services and an ability to engage with all service user’s needs.
The successful candidate will be resilient, continuously exploring, and able to lead teams to optimise opportunities for improvement of the service users, working in collaboration with a family, social worker, and other involved to service user’s care.
- Salary - £31 582 per annum
- Location - Kidbrook, Greenwich
- Hours per week- 39 hrs + on call
- Shifts – Monday to Friday
Service Manager responsibilities:
- Acting as a role model and leader in the full delivery of active support, you will empower the people we support to have active and fulfilling lives aligned with their needs and aspirations.
- You will be responsible for staff appraisals, rotas, support plans, managing budgets and monthly reports.
- To undertake the recruitment, development and management of staff, provide strong leadership/practice leadership to model and deliver best practice based on Positive Behavioural Support principles, adopting Active Support and delivering high-quality person-centred support.
- To be responsible for the setup of this service with support of the Business Development Team and senior management.
- To be responsible for the management of the services in order to meet the needs and aspirations of people supported, service commissioners and regulatory authorities and to develop a reputation for Avenues for excellent delivery of distinctive services.
Service Manager duties:
- Experience managing and setting up registered or supported living services.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Be a social care professional who is person centred, with experience in working with people with learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge.
- Strong commitment to positive behaviour and active support.
- Knowledge and a good understanding of current CQC/sector regulations and legislation.
- Ideally hold a Level 5 diploma in Health & Social Care or have a willingness to work towards this.
- To be able to be a part of an on-call rota.
- Be flexible to work across 5 days per week with flexibility to work some weekends and late evenings.
Service Manager Benefits:
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- Flexible working.
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata).
- Access to high quality training that supports your career development.
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance.
- Shopping discounts
- Recommend a friend - earn up to £500.
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to the health portal and employee assistance programme.
The position of Service Manager is an exciting opportunity where you will work for a company that is passionate about the care they provide and the staff they employ, supporting your professional growth and development however they can. If you feel you are right for the position, and either reside in or can travel to the at Kidbrook, Greenwich area please apply within, alternatively if you would like any further details please get in contact with Gergana Atanasova at our Peterborough office call on 01733 606 240 or email her on Gergana.firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat.