Senior Support Worker
Are you an experienced Senior Support Worker with a proven track record of supporting service users with learning disabilities?
If this sounds like you, I am currently recruiting for a Senior Support Worker to join my client based in the Witham, Essex area - As a Senior Support Worker, you will be supporting adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours to fulfil their potential and achieve their goals.
My client is a national care provider, with an excellent name in the industry, known for their high-quality care service and ensuring that the service users receive the best care possible, this truly is a great opportunity to work with a fantastic care provider that will support your professional growth and development!
- Salary - £22,084 p.a. (Sleep-Ins Paid at £45 extra)
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position.
- Shifts – 39 Hours Per Week – Flexibility is a Must!
- Area – Witham, Essex
- Collaborating and working with all levels of the support staff team, to always protect and safeguard the service users.
- Participating in a range of fun and exciting recreational events both held within the service and the wider local community.
- Establishing constructive and energetic relationships with the service users; ensuring they are always treated with the upmost respect and dignity.
- Acting in a role model capacity to junior members of the team, leading by example and sharing your knowledge and experience to support them to develop.
- Continually maintaining clear, accurate and up to date records of the service users you will be working with.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, with subjects related to the care of the service users.
- Provide a supportive environment for the service users to meet their full potential.
- Administer medication in accordance with legal requirements and internal policies, book in received medication, participating in medication audits.
- A genuine interest and passion for care work priding yourself on the service you provide in helping service users to progress and develop.
- There can be times when the position can be very challenging, and so resilience is an essential skill – However the team are always there to help and work together.
- It is essential that you are a team player as you will be working closely with all levels of the support team to provide the best care possible.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) as you will be responsible for accurate and frequent record keeping on the service users.
- Basic IT skills will be beneficial.
- Hold a NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care, additional qualifications related to care would be beneficial for your application.
- Experience working with service users with learning disabilities is essential.
- Hold a valid UK driver’s license.
- A competitive salary of £22,084 per annum
- Excellent sleep-in rates of £45 per completed sleep-in
- Long term employment with a company that has an excellent name in the health and social care industry.
- Fantastic ongoing training opportunities upon successful start, with both internal and external solutions provided.
- Funding towards completion of your health and social care NVQ qualifications.
- Access to a great employee assistance plan; with thousands of retail discounts, excellent health cash plan, and a competitive cycle to work scheme.
- Excellent career progression opportunities within this national care provider.
- DBS paid for by the client at time of appointment.
- Occupational maternity pay which is paid on top of your statutory maternity pay.
The position of Senior Support Worker is an incredibly rewarding position where you will be making a difference to people’s lives every day! If you feel you are right for the position and are happy to travel to the Witham, Essex area please apply within, if you would like any further details please get in contact with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.