Senior Children's Residential Support Worker
We are looking for a Senior Children's Residential Support Worker to join an outstanding Children's Home located in Kidsgrove, Staffordshire.
Our client is providing best-in-class care and support for children and young people who have 0000000. We endeavour to create a home environment that exceeds the needs of the children and young people, enabling them to express their characters, feel safe and enrich their lives. Our homes are immaculately decorated and tastefully furnished, creating a real sense of comfort, security, and positivity.
Working as a Senior Children's Residential Support Worker, you must be willing to go above and beyond for the children and young people, ensuring that they have an experience of childhood that they can reflect upon and carry with them into adulthood. Your team must be driven by a shared ambition to ensure that the children and young people have an experience of childhood that they deserve, one filled with fun, laughter, friendship, and discovery.
In return, you will be rewarded with a career defining opportunity to impact on an ambitious and growing organisation that is committed to staff retention, development, and equality.
We want you to be the very best that you can be, and we will provide you with the training, support and access to expertise and new skills that will enable you to be something like a superhero to the children and young people.
Apply today to express your interest and find out more about the opportunity.
- Salary - £25 255.96 to £27 255.96 (Depending on Experience)
- Location - Kidsgrove, Staffordshire.
- Hours per week- 40hrs
- Shifts – 2 day on and 4 day off
Senior Children's Residential Support Worker responsibility:
- To provide primary basic care and a nurturing, therapeutic environment to help the child progress.
- Manage the home effectively in the absence of the home manager.
- Effectively lead shifts, direct, and support the staff team.
- To supervise staff and manage individual and team performance to ensure a standard of excellent service delivery.
- Ensure the effective monitoring and control of all expenditure accounted for in accordance with financial procedures.
- To manage health and safety processes in the home including implementation and monitoring of risk assessments.
- To support the induction process of new staff.
- To model a robust commitment to safeguarding actively promoting the welfare of children and young people in Inspire Care.
Senior Children's Residential Support Worker duties:
- To be alert to signs of distress or abuse and to ensure that the children and young people are monitored and protected and have their needs met ensuring that all safeguarding needs are met.
- To be aware of the children’s rights and to work in an anti-discriminatory and anti- oppressive manner.
- To work alongside the children and young people to help develop a true sense of identity and feeling of self-worth.
- To be sensitive to the needs of individual children and young people, taking account of race, culture, language, sexuality, and religion.
- To engage, communicate, talk, and listen to the children and young people. To observe their behaviour and record significant features.
- To liaise where necessary with other professionals i.e., schools, social workers.
- To support the children and young people to integrate into social activities and where appropriate educational settings mainstream school.
Senior Children's Residential Support Worker experience required:
- Senior Residential Children's Support Worker: 1 year (preferred)
- NVQ L3 in Children & Young People
- Full UK Driving License
The position of Senior Children's Residential Support Worker is very rewarding and makes a difference to the quality of life for children’s on a daily basis. If you feel that you are the right person for this great opportunity, then please contact Gergana Atanasova at Peterborough Office phone number 01733 606 240 or email her on Gergana.Atanasova@gap-healthcare.com for a confidential chat. Please note that the service is situated near to Kidsgrove in the county of Staffordshire.