Senior Children's Residential Support Worker
Gap healthcare is looking for experienced Senior Children's Residential Support Worker to support children with Emotional & Behaviour Difficulties with challenging behaviours for our Wolstanton, Staffordshire home.
If you are dynamic and have the enthusiasm to want to make a difference to children and young people in care, then we want to hear from you. We ensure our matching process is robust, ensuring the children placed are able to achieve the best outcomes.
Due to the specialised nature of this work, you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of EBD adolescents, specifically those in care.
We are a progressive company who rewards our employees well for their hard work in making a difference to young people’s lives.
- Salary -£25 255.96 to £27255.96 (Depending on Experience)
- Location - Wolstanton, Staffordshire
- Hours per week- 37hrs
- Shifts – 2 day on 4 days off
Senior Children's Residential Support Worker responsibilities:
- Senior Children's Residential Support Worker must have supervised staff.
- Always make decisions in the best interest of the children.
- Liaise with schools, providers, and parents.
- Attend meetings where required.
- Act as key worker for allocated child.
- Do everything possible to uphold a safe, clean environment for residents.
- Safeguard children.
- Responding to the physical and emotional needs of children and at all times, assisting them to settle at bedtime, and sensitively waking them in the morning.
- Complete day to day paperwork/reports.
- Ensure that the standards expected in the delivery of care are upheld and the standards of the Harmony Residential Homes Ltd are maintained.
Senior Children's Residential Support Worker skills required:
- Work as a team.
- Lead a shift.
- Work within the code of confidentiality and ensure that records in the home are stored in a manner which is compliant with regulations.
- Ensure home is safe and secure (safeguard children).
- Understand each child’s needs and requirements.
- To adhere to relevant professional and administrative practices and procedures.
- Ensure children are receiving high quality care as per their placement plans.
- Contribute to the smooth running and creation of a good atmosphere within the best interests of the children.
- Build and maintain good relationships with the children and other members of staff whilst maintaining high levels of professionalism.
- To be responsible in the event of fire, for raising the alarm, alerting the fire brigade, and assisting in the evacuation of young people to a place of safety.
- To respond to telephone calls made to the unit during periods of duty in a professional and courteous manner. To record the content of telephone conversations in the appropriate record book.
- Be proactive in requesting professional development.
- Senior Residential Children's Support Worker: 1 year (preferred)
- NVQ L3 in Children & Young People
- Full UK Driving License
The position of Senior Children's Residential Support Worker is very rewarding and makes a difference to the quality of life for children on a daily basis. If you feel that you are the right person for this great opportunity, then please contact Gergana Atanasova at Peterborough Office phone number 01733 606 240 or email her on Gergana.Atanasova@gap-healthcare.com for a confidential chat. Please note that the service is situated near to Wolstanton in the county of Staffordshire.