Senior Care Worker – Hucknall, Nottinghamshire
Are you a motivated, and driven Senior Care Worker with experience of working within the nursing home environment currently looking for a new role?
If that sounds like you then look no further! I am currently recruiting in the Hucknall, Nottinghamshire area for a Senior Care Worker to join my highly regarded client who prides themselves on their commitment to their staff’s development and professional growth as well as the care service they deliver to their residents which is clearly evidenced through looking through their CQC ratings and online reviews.
Whether you are a highly experienced Care Worker looking for a step up or an established senior carer looking for a change this position could be for you!
Overview – Senior Care Worker
- Salary – £18,691 / £10.27 p/h
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position (35 hours per week)
- Shifts – Day shifts / start, and finish times will vary, and shifts will last between 6 to 13.5 hours so flexibility is a must!
- Area – Hucknall, Nottinghamshire
Responsibilities – Senior Care Worker
- Leading the shift, setting daily deployments, and attempting to arrange cover for any sickness / absences that occur.
- Acting as a role model for junior members of the team, ensuring that you always represent the organisations core values, and deliver high-quality person-centred care.
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals to aid in the resident’s care, whether it be doctors, district nurses, CQC representatives and more.
- Administration of medication in line with statutory guidelines and company policy, with accurate reporting of dosages, and medication tracking.
- Being the senior member of the care team on site, responding to any queries or issues that arise.
- Promoting a supportive and caring environment and ensuring that all of the residents feel safe and comfortable in the home.
- Supporting the management team with staff reviews, supervisions, assessments, and training sessions.
Skills – Senior Care Worker
- A flexible approach to work, no two days are the same so you will require a fluid approach to working and shifts to be successful.
- Hold an NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- It is essential that you are passionate about the care service that you provide, striving to continuously provide the best care possible.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic IT skills would be desirable as you will be required to use IT systems for care planning, recording, and reporting.
- Fantastic leadership skills will be essential for success as you will be responsible for leading the shift and act as a mentor for junior team members.
- Previous experience of working within a nursing home environment would be desirable although candidates from other health and social care sectors will be considered.
- Hold a full UK driver’s license and be happy to travel to the Hucknall, Nottinghamshire area.
Benefits – Senior Care Worker
- A competitive salary of £18,691 (£10.27 per hour)
- Upon starting, you will gain access to market leading training opportunities.
- Long term employment with a truly caring business.
- The personal touch that working for a well-established family-owned business brings.
- Excellent progression opportunities – Many of the managers currently working with my client started as a care assistant with them.
- Support to gain relevant qualifications in Health and Social Care.
- Market leading COVID-19 safety measures to protect the staff and residents.
The position of Senior Care Worker is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and compassionate individual to join a business that truly do pride themselves on the success and growth of their employees. Should you be interest in this position or would like any further details please get in contact with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough branch for a confidential chat.