Senior Care Worker - Elderly
Are you an experienced Senior Care Worker currently looking for your next position in a company that invests in its employees and promotes an environment for professional development and growth?
If this describes you, I am recruiting for an exciting position in the Hucknall, Nottinghamshire area to join a well-established care provider with a portfolio of multiple Elderly / Nursing Homes that prides itself on the person-centred care they provide to their residents and always strives for continuous improvement in their service delivery.
The successful candidate will uphold my client’s high standards of care and take pride in the service they provide keeping the residents at the heart of everything that you do!
- Salary – £18,691 p.a.
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – Working between either; 07:00AM to 14:00PM or 14:00PM to 21:00PM (5 Shifts Per Week – 35 Hours)
- Area – Hucknall, Nottinghamshire
- Support the deputy manager and registered manager to ensure that the home complies with relevant legislation and care standards applicable to the home.
- Assisting the management with relevant audits and visits from regulatory and governing bodies, ensuring that follow ups and points raised are actioned.
- Control the medication kept within the home and ensure that it is prescribed according to drug type, dose, time, and whom it is given and completing relevant medication documentation with 100% accuracy to ensure safety and compliance.
- Liaise with doctors and external medical professionals in relation to medical condition and treatment plans.
- Take overall responsibility of the daily routine of the shift, liaising with senior management and the registered nurses.
- Mentoring and training new staff, as well as ensuring that existing staff remain competent in relation to pre-set care and safety standards.
- Create, Update and Adhere to care plans ensuring that they are kept accurate and up to date at all times, with any amendments made.
- Take residents on outings as per their care routines.
- Ensure that the residents are always treated with the utmost dignity and respect and safeguard the service users.
- Complete frequent safety checks on the home such as fire safety, and risk assessments ensuring that the home manager is aware of any issues highlighted.
- A genuine interest and passion for care work priding yourself on the service you provide in helping service users to progress and develop.
- It is essential that you are a team player as you will be working closely with all levels of the support team to provide the best care possible.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) as you will be responsible for accurate and frequent record keeping on the service users.
- Basic IT skills will be beneficial.
- There can be times when the position can be very challenging, and so resilience is an essential skill – However the team are always there to help and work together.
- Experience working with elderly service users within a nursing home environment.
- Either reside in or have the ability to travel to Hucknall, Nottinghamshire.
- Holding an NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health and Social Care would be beneficial (Although not essential).
- A competitive salary of £18,691
- Long term employment with a company that values its employees.
- Support with professional growth and development and exciting career progression.
- Fully funded DBS at time of appointment.
- Relevant training courses will be provided.
- On-Site parking at the nursing home.
- Invitation to company events.
The position of Senior Care Worker is an incredibly rewarding position where you will be able to make a difference every day that you go to work! If you feel you are right for the position or would like any further details, please do not hesitate to get in contact with Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough Office for a confidential chat.