Residential Support Worker – Children Services
A great and exciting opportunity has just come available for a motivated Residential Support Worker supporting young persons with emotional, behavioural and learning difficulties. Do you want to make a difference on a daily basis and give support to young persons through the most influential time in their lives, then look no further!
My client is well established and has achieved an Outstanding rating from Ofsted and is looking for a confident Residential Support Workers. You will need to support service users and colleagues in the service and further improve and maintain the high standards that are embedded throughout their values and service delivery.
This is a great opportunity and will not be around for long!!
- Salary - £18,562 – 19,698 depending on experience
- Hours – Full time permanent position based on 37 hours per week, days and occasional sleep in.
- Shifts – Early, Late between 0700 – 2300 4 RSW to a team on a 4 week shift pattern.
- Area – Located near to Loddon, Norfolk.
Responsibilities – Residential Support Worker
- Support new Team Leaders and care staff in the completion of induction programs, training and competency assessment.
- To provide a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which children/young people can feel secure and free from harm.
- Establishing positive relationships with young people and always offering them unconditional and positive regard.
- Helping young people gain self-control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding acceptable, pro-social conduct.
- Ensuring that each young person’s care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs.
- Attending to practical matters in relation to childcare (cooking, cleaning, general maintenance around the home etc).
- To act as a key worker or co-worker for a young person to ensure that the young person’s care plans are up to date and that all their care needs are being met. To provide a positive role model to be able to offer advice, guidance and assistance where appropriate.
- Establishing relationships which young people perceive to be positive, warm and rewarding.
Skills required – Residential Support Worker
- Over the age of 18 years.
- Supporting children aged between 8 and 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of child safeguarding and protection procedures.
- Knowledge of Ofsted regulations and standards, Not essential.
- An understanding of emotional, behavioural and learning difficulties.
- Basic IT skills and basic computer programmes such as word, Excel and Outlook.
- A commutable distance from Loddon Norfolk.
- Competitive salary – Up to £19,698 per annum.
- Long term employment due to continued growth.
- Motivated management and employees.
- Funding for NVQ level 3 qualification.
- Clear progression pathway.
The position of Residential Support Worker is very rewarding and makes a difference to the quality of life for service users on a daily basis. If you feel that you are the right person for this great opportunity then please contact Matt Duffy at the Peterborough Office for a confidential chat. Please note that the vacancy is located near to Loddon, Norfolk.