Registered Service Manager – Learning Disabilities
Are you a knowledgeable and motivated Registered Service Manager, with experience of managing support services for service users with Learning Disabilities?
If that sounds like you, I am currently recruiting for a Registered Service Manager based in the Honiton, East Devon area – the successful candidate will be responsible for manging my clients supported living projects spanning across the East Devon and Exeter area based from their regional office in Honiton.
My client is a registered charity and national provider of Health and Social Care, known as a market leader within their sector, they strive to champion the needs and rights of their service users providing support to the highest standards and free from any bias.
Overview of Registered Service Manager
- Salary – £33,985 p.a.
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – 37.5 Hours Per Week (Monday to Friday)
- Area – Honiton, East Devon
Responsibilities of Registered Service Manager
- Assume the overall responsibility of my clients supported living projects in the East Devon and Exeter area, being held accountable for the quality of the care service delivered, and for ensuring the service remains fully CQC compliant in line with the 5 principles as set out - Safe, Effective, Caring, Responsive and Well-Led.
- Onboarding and inducting of new staff members, as well as supporting existing team members’ professional development and ensuring they remain up to date with all relevant / required training.
- Maintain a developmental environment for the service users to thrive within, that aids in promoting their independence and utilises a positive behaviour support model.
- Ensuring that the service users are always treated with the highest levels of respect and dignity and are always safeguarded.
- Responsible for the implementation of any new relevant CQC and local governing policies or best practices as well as being the responsible individual for any CQC / relevant audits.
- Managing the financial budgets and managing the capacity of the service.
Skills Required of Registered Service Manager
- A secure knowledge of relevant CQC guidelines and a strong backing of previous successful CQC audits – achieving a rating of ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’
- The successful candidate will require previous experience in a management role within the learning disabilities (or related) sector.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills, you will be responsible for the service and as such it is essential that you have a fluid approach to management and ever-changing situations.
- Flexibility is a must; no two day are the same and you will be required to recognise when something is not working and be able to alter your approach accordingly.
- It is essential that you hold a Level 5 in Health and Social Care Management / Registered Managers Award (Or equivalent).
- It is essential you hold a valid UK Driver’s License as you will need to travel between the supported living projects in the East Devon and Exeter area based around the central office in Honiton.
- Previous exposure of working within a care provision that supports service users with challenging behaviours would be desired.
Benefits of Registered Service Manager
- A competitive and market leading salary of £33,985 (Including Annual Allowances)
- Cost coverage of an Enhanced DBS at time of appointment.
- 25 days of annual leave + 8 bank holidays (With increases based on years of service)
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
The position of Registered Service Manager is an excellent opportunity for the successful individual to work with a great company that has a fantastic culture along with excellent progression opportunities. If you feel you are right for the position or would like any further details, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough branch for a confidential chat.