Registered Children’s Home Manager – Learning Disabilities
Are you a knowledgeable and motivated Registered Children’s Home Manager, with experience of managing support services for children with Learning Disabilities?
If that sounds like you, I am currently recruiting for a Registered Children’s Home Manager based in central Birmingham, West Midlands – the successful candidate will be responsible for assuming the management of a newly founded children’s residential service, working with the senior leadership team to finalise the set-up, register with Ofsted and tender for support packages from the local authority.
Opportunities like this do not come around often where you will be able to make a real mark on the establishment of a care provider so do not delay in applying should you be interested!
Overview of Registered Children’s Home Manager
- Salary – £40,000 to £50,000 + Inspection Bonus of up to £4,000
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – Monday to Friday
- Area – Central Birmingham, West Midlands
Responsibilities of Registered Children’s Home Manager
- Assume the overall responsibility of my clients learning disabilities residential service based in a central Birmingham location, the home will be for up to 7 children.
- Onboarding and inducting of new staff members, as well as supporting existing team members’ professional development and ensuring they remain up to date with all relevant / required training.
- The home is a new service and so you will be supporting the Operations Manager with the establishment of the service’s policies, and initial registration with Ofsted.
- Maintain a developmental environment for the service users to thrive within, that aids in developing their independence and confidence during the most instrumental phase of their lives.
- Ensuring that the service users are always treated with the highest levels of respect and dignity and are always safeguarded.
- Responsible for the implementation of any new relevant Ofsted and local governing legislations or best practices as well as being the responsible individual for any Ofsted / relevant audits.
- Tendering for support packages from the local authority as well as promoting the home.
- Managing the financial budgets for the service and ensuring profitability.
Skills Required of Registered Children’s Home Manager
- A secure knowledge of Ofsted legislations with a strong backing of previous successful Ofsted audits – achieving a rating of ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’
- The successful candidate will require previous experience in a management role within the children’s learning disabilities sector (EBD experience non-essential).
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills, you will be responsible for the service and as such it is essential that you have a fluid approach to management and ever-changing situations.
- Flexibility is a must; no two day are the same and you will be required to recognise when something is not working and be able to alter your approach accordingly.
- It is essential that you hold a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (or equivalent).
- It is essential you hold a valid UK Driver’s License as you may be required to travel on an adhoc basis for training and representing the company.
Benefits of Registered Children’s Home Manager
- A competitive and market leading salary of up to £50,000 p.a.
- Competitive inspection bonuses of £2,000 for Good, and £4,000 for Outstanding.
- Grow with the company - opportunity to join a business that is on a rapid expansion with many career development opportunities to be available.
- Flexible home working – some days you will be required in the office, others you may be able to work from home.
The position of Registered Children’s Home Manager is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to join a business that are rapidly growing at the moment and will be able to offer many progression and development opportunities. If you think you would be right for the position or would like some further information on the role, please get in touch with Joseph Haselgrove in our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.