Male Senior Support Worker
Are you a skilled and motivated Male Senior Support Worker with experience of supporting service users with severe and enduring mental health needs that is currently looking for your next new and exciting role?
Sounds like you? The client that I am recruiting on the behalf of is a national autistic healthcare provider who operates services across the UK. The successful candidate will work at their service location in the Thornbury, Gloucestershire area on day shifts as part of their knowledgeable and friendly team that prides themselves on the support, they provide to the service users.
As a Male Senior Support Worker, you will act as the 1st line of enquiry for Support Workers that are on your shift, using your past experience and knowledge to guide more junior members of the team acting as a role model promoting best practices and providing the highest levels of care to the service users.
- Salary – £20 202 Per Annum
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position (37 Hrs Per Week)
- Shifts – Flexible working time
- Area – Thornbury, Gloucestershire
Responsibilities Senior Support Worker
- Promoting a developmental and supportive environment for the service users to reach their potential through utilising your patience and compassion.
- Monitoring the service users’ condition and mental state, ensuring that accurate records are kept and that any changes are reported to the senior team.
- Communicating with the service users’ family members, ensuring they remain updated and aware of their relative’s condition.
- Supporting the service users in the engagement of daily living activities.
- Administering medication when required, ensuring that accurate records are kept / New medication is ordered when necessary.
- Operating in a supportive role, being available to talk through any concerns or worries the service users may be experiencing then reassuring and comforting them as well as reporting any severe concerns to the management team.
- Safeguarding the service users, ensuring that the service users feel they are in a safe and comfortable place.
- Acting as a role model for the other members of staff on the shift, offering your previous experience and knowledge gained to support the development of the team.
- Always acting as an advocate for the service users, ensuring that they are aware and feel they have a voice and an input in their care.
Skills Senior Support Worker
- To be successful you will need to have a genuine interest and passion for working within the health and social care industry, being someone who prides themselves on the care and support service you are providing, always striving for continuous improvement in your approach.
- Being a team player is a must! Although there will be times that you may be working alone you will be a part of a larger care and support team made up of Support Workers, Senior Support Workers, RMNs and members of the Management team therefore it is essential that you are a team player who works with a collaborative approach.
- You should either reside in or be able to travel to the Bideford, North Devon area – Although a driving license would be beneficial, it is not crucial and so long as you can commute to the service area it is non-essential.
- Holding an NVQ Level 3 (Or equivalent qualification) in Health and Social Care would benefit your application although is non-essential, if you do not hold this you will require a willingness to complete it upon appointment.
- Previous experience of working in a Senior Support Worker position, preferably in the mental health sector however applicants from all sectors will be considered.
- The successful candidate will require excellent English skills (both written and verbal), as you will be using these every day! Whether you are interacting with families, writing care notes, updating internal systems, or speaking with other healthcare professionals and more, these skills are imperative for long term success in the role.
Benefits Senior Support Worker
- Competitive salary – £20 202 per year
- Excellent training opportunities (both internally and externally provided).
- Fully funded DBS at time of appointment.
- Fantastic overtime opportunities available.
- Refer a friend scheme
- Holyday payment
- Flexible working
The position of Senior Support Worker is an extremely rewarding one in which you can make a difference every day you come to work. If you believe you are qualified for the position and are willing to travel to Thornbury, Gloucestershire, or if you require any additional information, please contact Gergana Atanasova at our Peterborough office on 01733 606 240 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.