Do you have a passion for helping others and are looking for a new and exciting challenge? Look no further as a great opportunity has just become available! Gap are currently on the lookout for passionate and motivated Cook/Housekeeper to support in a looked after children service located near to Loddon, Norfolk.
As a Cook/House Keeper you will need enthusiasm for working with children and will be preparing lunch and dinner for approximately 15 people Monday to Friday.
· Salary - Between £19,312 - £20,903 per annum
· Hours - 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
· Area - Loddon, Norfolk.
· Full time permanent position
Responsibilities - Cook/House Keeper
· Under the direction of the Registered Manager, and in accordance with the practices and procedures of SES, to ensure that all meals are planned, prepared and produced to a high standard, are within budgets and take account of special dietary and nutritional needs.
· To work with both staff and children to support the development of their cooking and kitchen skills and to liaise with staff of all disciplines as necessary to promote co-operation, and clear and effective communication within the establishment.
· Under the direction of the Registered Manager, and in accordance with practices and procedures, to ensure that furnishing, soft furnishing and cleaning functions are undertaken to a high standard and within budgets.
· To be fully aware of and to comply with all instructions and procedures relating to Health and Safety at Work and to recognise the responsibilities required under the relevant Health and Safety at Work legislation, including undertaking risk assessments where appropriate.
· Ensure that services are flexible to meet the particular demands of a residential establishment that is operational for 52 weeks of the year.
Skills Required - Cook/House Keeper
· Catering qualification(Desirable)
· Basic Food Hygiene certification
· Previous recent experience of working in a busy catering environment
· Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques and quality standards
· An enthusiasm for working with challenging young people
· Knowledge of inventory and ordering methods and waste management
· Ability to prioritise effectively and manage time to ensure deadlines are met
The position of Teaching Assistant plays a vital role in ensuring that the daily operations of the educational centre can continue to a high standard. If you feel that you are the right person for this great opportunity then please contact Matt Duffy at the Peterborough Office 01 73 360 6 24 0 for a confidential chat. Please be advised that this vacancy is located near to Loddon, Norfolk.