Children’s Home Deputy Manager
I am currently recruiting for an exciting position based in the Sedgebrook area just outside of Grantham, Lincolnshire for a Deputy Manager to join my well-established client within their newest residential children’s home.
My Client is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable deputy manager or team leader with experience of working within residential children’s services who are looking for their next exciting role in a forward-thinking health and social care organisation!
As a Deputy Manager, you will support the homes registered manager to run the home, taking to line managing the homes staff team and setting their rotas, supporting the service users to achieve their potential and working collaboratively to always ensure strict compliance to Ofsted and local governing regulations.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be making a difference daily during the service users most influential part of their lives.
- Salary – Up to £28,233 per annum
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position
- Shifts – Rolling rota of 2 in/4 off (occasional sleep-ins also required paid at £45)
- Area – Sedgebrook Town (just outside of Grantham, Lincolnshire)
- Create a safe and caring home environment for the children and young people service users, ensuring that they are always treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
- Oversee staff members induction, training, and development under your management. Also be available for the support of your team members.
- Provide a supportive and developmental environment for the service users to live and thrive as independently as possible.
- Promote the values and standards of the service provider.
- Ensure continuous development of the care approach towards the service users, by ensuring all team members receive training and are aware of the changing needs of the service users.
- In the absence of the registered manager, you will be expected to assume the role of acting manager.
- Support our young people in daily activities such as attending schools, cleaning, shopping, family contact, community activities and holidays.
- Support the Registered Manager in various tasks ensuring that care planning and assessment is delivered at an Outstanding level.
- Excellent leadership and management skills are necessary for this position as you will be responsible for organizing and managing a team.
- It is vital that you are able to commit to a 2 in/4 off rota with additional occasional sleep-ins.
- Hold a full UK driver’s license and be able to commute to the Sedgebrook Town (just outside of Grantham, Lincolnshire) area.
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in Children’s and Young Peoples Residential or above.
- There are times when this position can be challenging, and so emotional resilience is a necessity for success.
- You will need to a have a strong desire to succeed, and to provide the highest level of care at any time to the service users, ensuring that you always cater to their diverse individual needs.
- Experience working with service users that have learning disabilities is a must.
- You will be required to have good IT skills and be computer literate, with good literacy, numeracy, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent professional development and training opportunities available.
- A company that wants you to succeed and will help you to progress in your career.
- Free meals whilst on shift from the homes cook team.
- Employee assistance and discount programmes.
- Long term employment with an organisation that is on a mass growth plan meaning many senior positions opening up in the area for carer progression.
- Paid DBS and enrolment onto the update service at time of appointment.
- Paid access to the Blue Light Card scheme and a market leading health cash back plan.
The position of Deputy Manager is an exciting opportunity where you will work for a company that is passionate about the care they provide and the staff they employ, supporting your professional growth and development however they can. If you feel you are right for the position, and either reside in or can travel to the Sedgebrook area which is just outside of Grantham, Lincolnshire please apply within, alternatively if you would like any further details please get in contact with Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.