Deputy Home Manager – Learning Disabilities
Are you a caring and compassionate deputy manager with a passion for supporting service users with learning disabilities?
If this is you, I am currently recruiting on the behalf of my well-established client based in the Shalbourne, Wiltshire area for a Deputy Manager to join their charismatic team and work collaboratively with the Registered Manager to promote a supportive and considerate environment for the service users and staff.
The successful candidate will have experience of managing a team and will be passionate about care always ensuring that the service users are at the forefront of everything you do in your professional life.
This position is a fantastic opportunity to work for a company that truly values their employees and will invest in your professional growth and development!
- Salary – £25,000 (Depending on Experience) p.a.
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent
- Shifts – Shift patterns vary, mainly based on days however can include occasional evenings, weekends, and nights.
- Area – Shalbourne, Wiltshire
- There will be times when the Registered Manager will not be within the service, during these times you will be required to step up and take over the management as a whole during the absence of the service manager.
- Promote an enabling environment for the service users, ensuring that high standards of support are provided, whilst ensuring strict compliance with both internal policies, and external regulatory standards / procedures are always adhered to.
- As with the industry, situations can arise spontaneously, you must be able to think on your feet and react as situations arise.
- Provide a person centred and tailored support service to the service users allowing them to reach their full potential.
- Oversee the staff team within the service, providing training and inductions as well as supporting the development of the team members.
- Work collaboratively with the Service Manager, and other members of the care management teams to ensure continuous improvement and development in the delivery of the care service.
- Be able to pull on your own knowledge and experiences to support, advise and motivate the care team to ensure that all service users are supported to be as independent as possible and achieve their goals.
- Either holding or currently studying a Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care would benefit your application however is not essential.
- Due to the location of the work and duties, you will be required to hold a full UK driver’s license.
- Have 2 years’ worth of experience within the health and social care industry of supporting service users.
- You will have a strong record of achievement within the health and social care sector and a vast knowledge of the industry.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills are essential as you will be using them daily whether it be creating, rotas, care plans, days out and more!
- You must have experience of supervising and leading a team.
- A willingness to participate in the on-call rota with the home manager.
- Excellent communication skills are a must, you will be interacting with people every day – whether it be service users, staff members of senior management, effective communication is vital for success.
- Aptitude to ensure that at all times the service fits into the framework of both internal and external policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Competitive salary of £25,000 per annum.
- Long term employment with a company that truly values it employees.
- Fully funded enhanced DBS check at time of appointment.
- Internal and external training provided to support your professional growth and development.
- Career development for those that want to climb the management hierarchy.
The position of Deputy Home Manager – Learning Disabilities, is a very rewarding position where you will be making a difference to the quality of life for the service users on a daily basis. If you feel you are right for the position and are happy to travel to Shalbourne, Wiltshire or want any further details, please do not hesitate to contact Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.