Assistant Service Manager
Are you looking for an opportunity as an Assistant Service Manager where you can obtain career progression while making a difference to the lives of others?
An exciting opportunity has become available for Assistant Service Managers to join our team at Shropshire, overseeing 2-3 services within their patch.
All of our clients live in either their own home or a family home so a driver will be required as Shropshire has poor public transport links between some of our services. The ASM role would be overseeing 2-3 services within their patch and we will be matching the right candidate with services commensurate to their skills/knowledge/ability as some of our services are for brain injuries focused and others are learning disabilities focused.
This position is a fantastic opportunity to work for a company that truly values their employees and will invest in your professional growth and development!
- Salary – £24 254 per annum + benefits
- Hours of Work – 39 hours per week
- Area – Shropshire
Responsibilities of Assistant Service Manager:
- Take ownership for continuing professional development for self and the team.
- Work with your Service Manager to use management information to make sound business decisions to encourage a solution led culture.
- Maintain a practical knowledge of policies and procedures and ensure appropriate usage.
- Effectively recruit, develop, and manage employees in a fair and consistent manner.
- Work with your Service Manager to reinforce a culture of continuous improvement.
- Act as the Service Manager in their absence.
- You will motivate and inspire your team to provide outstanding support through effective training, coaching and leadership by example.
- Day to day support for the people we are supporting.
Skills of Assistant Service Manager:
- Driver and access to vehicle essential
- Experience supporting individuals who have learning disabilities, mental health needs and/or complex needs
- Experience of supervising/managing a small to medium team within social care or be willing to be trained (including supervisions, probations, inductions)
- Experienced with providing Person-Centred support and to be passionate about it.
- To be able to support people with personal care
- Ability to manage own time and able to work under pressure
- Be flexible and be able to work shifts required
Benefits for Assistant Service Manager:
- Early Pay – ability to access your earnings more frequently if you wish.
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- Flexible working.
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata).
- Access to high quality training that supports your career development.
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance.
- Shopping discounts
- Recommend a friend - earn up to £500.
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to the health portal and employee assistance programme.
The position of Assistant Service Manager is an excellent opportunity where you will be making a difference every day you go to work. If you feel you would be right for the position or would like any further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Gergana Atanasova in our Peterborough Office on 01733 606 240 or email her on Gergana.firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat, but the position is base in Shropshire.