Support Worker (Nights) – Learning Disabilities
We have just an exciting opportunity come available for a keen and motivated Support Worker to join our well-established client based in the South Hykeham, Lincolnshire area on night shifts. As a Support Worker you will play a key role in supporting young adults with complex needs assisting those with behavioural, emotional and learning difficulties.
This will be a challenging role; however, the rewards of this position are incomparable as you will be making a difference every single day.
Our client is recruiting due to rapid continued growth and are looking for keen individuals that will uphold their high standards of care and service and take pride in helping young adults to achieve their full potential.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you can make a difference to people’s lives daily!
- Salary - £19,671.86
- Hours of Work – Full Time Permanent Position.
- Shifts – Nightshift (10 Hours per shift), Starting between 20:00PM and 21:00PM, Rotating Shift (Working 5 Shifts One Week, then 2 Shifts the Next).
- Area – South Hykeham, Lincolnshire.
Responsibilities of Support Worker (Nights) – Learning Disabilities
- Collaborating and working with all levels of the support staff team, to always protect and safeguard the young adults.
- Participating in a range of fun and exciting recreational events both held within the home and the wider local South Hykeham, Lincolnshire community.
- Assisting with the practical tasks relating to the care of the young adults such as cooking and cleaning.
- Establishing constructive relationships with the young adults; ensuring they are always treated with the upmost respect and dignity.
- Meeting the physical, emotional and cultural needs of the young adults.
- Continually maintaining clear, accurate and up to date records of the young adults you will be working with.
- Ensuring that the needs of the young adults in your care are being met by way of regularly reviewing and recording any changes to their needs.
- Actively contributing to the development of the support team.
Skills Required of Support Worker (Nights) – Learning Disabilities
- A genuine interest and passion for care work priding yourself on the service you provide in helping young adults to progress and develop.
- There can be times when the position can be very challenging, and so resilience is an essential skill – However the team are always there to help and work together.
- It is essential that you are a team player as you will be working closely with all levels of the support team to provide the best care possible.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are imperative as you will be responsible for strong and accurate record keeping.
- You will be using computer systems, and therefore basic IT skills and computer literacy are essential.
- Hold a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or be willing to undertake this qualification should you be successful.
- Either reside in or can travel to South Hykeham, Lincolnshire.
Benefits of Support Worker (Nights) – Learning Disabilities
- A competitive salary – £19,671.86
- In depth training and development is available with time planned out of your rota to allow you to attend.
- Enrolled into Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- For those that want to grow and develop, exciting career progression opportunities are always available.
- Fully funded DBS check at time of appointment.
The position of Support Worker (Nights) – Learning Disabilities, is an incredibly rewarding position where you make a difference every day you go to work. If you feel you are right for the position and can travel to South Hykeham, Lincolnshire or want any further details, please do not hesitate to contact Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your