Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
A great and exciting opportunity has just come available for a reliable and motivated Support Worker supporting young adults with complex needs. Do you want to make a difference on a daily basis and give support to young adults and enable them to live as independently as possible, then look no further! The service is located in East Markham, Tuxford, Nottinghamshire.
My client is well established, and their services are managed to a high standard due to their continued growth and development opportunities they are recruiting for Support Workers with the confidence and ability to make a difference. As a Support Worker you must offer complete commitment to supporting young adults to fulfil their potential. This is a challenging role with huge rewards.
This is a great opportunity and will not be around for long!
• Salary - Support Worker salary starts at £20,304.40.
• Hours - 37.5 hours Full Time
• Shifts - 12 hour shifts with a 1 hour lunch break - Staff meals provided. 5 Shifts week 1 and 2 Shifts week 2.
• Area - East Markham, Tuxford area, Nottinghamshire
Responsibilities - Support Worker - Days
• Working with the staff team across all levels to safeguard young adults at all times.
• To provide a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which service users can feel secure and free from harm.
• Participate in a wide range of innovative and exciting recreational events held with the home and wider community.
• Assisting with practical tasks relating to care. For example, cooking and cleaning.
• Establishing positive relationships with service users and always offering them unconditional and positive regard.
• Helping service users gain self-control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding acceptable, pro-social conduct.
• Meeting the physical, emotional, behavioural and cultural needs of the young adults
• To act as a key worker or co-worker for the service user to ensure that their young care plans are up to date and that all their care needs are being met.
• To provide a positive role model to be able to offer advice, guidance and assistance where appropriate.
• Ensuring that the needs of the young adults are being met and regularly reviewing and recording any changes to their needs.
Skills required - Support Worker - Days
• Caring nature and willing to go the extra mile to support others.
• A genuine passion for care and to be motivated by contributing to the progression of others.
• Resilient and confidence to ask for support as needed.
• Basic IT skills and basic computer programmes such as word, Excel and Outlook.
• Full driving licence (desirable)
• Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or willingness to work towards.
• Competitive salary - £20,304.00
• Life Assurance
• Funding for NVQ level 3 qualification or other qualifications.
• Genuine career developments for those who want them.
• A beautiful home and grounds to work within.
• Fully funded DBS checks.
The position of Support Worker is very rewarding and makes a difference to the quality of life for service users. If you are the right person for this great opportunity, then please contact Kelly Carroll at the Peterborough Office on 0173 3 606 2 40 for a confidential chat. Please note that the vacancy is located at East Markham, close to Tuxford, Nottinghamshire.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your