Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
A great and exciting opportunity has just come available for a motivated Support Worker supporting adults with emotional, behavioural and learning difficulties. Do you want to make a difference on a daily basis and give support to adults and enable them to live as independently as possible, then look no further! The service is located in Ipswich, Suffolk.
My client is well established and their services are managed to a high standard and they are looking for Senior Support Workers with the confidence and ability to make a difference. You will need to support service users and colleagues in the service and further improve and maintain the high standards that are embedded throughout their values and service delivery.
This is a great opportunity and will not be around for long!
• Salary - Support Worker salary starts at £17,550 - £18,525.
• Hours - 37.5 hours Full Time
• Shifts - 7.5 hour shifts a mixture of earlies and late shifts with sleep in requirements
• Area - Ipswich, Suffolk
Responsibilities - Support Worker - Days
• Support new Team Leaders and care staff in the completion of induction programs, training and competency assessment.
• To provide a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which service users can feel secure and free from harm.
• Establishing positive relationships with service users and always offering them unconditional and positive regard.
• Helping service users gain self-control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding acceptable, pro-social conduct.
• Ensuring that each person's care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs.
• Attending to practical matters in relation to helping service users to cook, clean and personal care.
• To act as a key worker or co-worker for the service user to ensure that their young care plans are up to date and that all their care needs are being met.
• To provide a positive role model to be able to offer advice, guidance and assistance where appropriate.
Skills required - Support Worker - Days
• Passion to help others.
• Caring nature and willing to go the extra mile to support others.
• A passion to learn and gain an understanding of emotional, behavioural and learning difficulties.
• Basic IT skills and basic computer programmes such as word, Excel and Outlook.
• Full driving licence (desirable)
• Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or willingness to work towards.
• A commutable distance from Ipswich, Suffolk.
• Competitive salary - Up to £ 18,525.00.
• Long term employment due to continued growth.
• Motivated management and employees.
• Funding for NVQ level 3 qualification or other qualifications.
• Clear progression pathway.
• Fully expensed trips with service users.
The position of Support Worker is very rewarding and makes a difference to the quality of life for service users on a daily basis. If you feel that you are the right person for this great opportunity then please contact Kelly Carroll at the Peterborough Office on 0173 3 606 2 40 for a confidential chat. Please note that the vacancy is located near to Ipswich, Suffolk.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your