Senior Support Worker (Nights) - Mental Health
We have just an exciting opportunity come available for a keen and motivated Senior Support Worker to join our well-established client based in the Littlehampton, West Sussex area on Night shifts. As a Senior Support Worker, you will play a key role in supporting service users with metal health conditions and challenging behaviours.
This will be a challenging role; however, the rewards of this position are incomparable as you will be making a difference every single day!
Our client is looking for keen individuals that will uphold their high standards of care and service and take pride in helping adults to achieve their full potential.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you can make a difference to people's lives daily!
• Salary - £19,119.10
• Hours of Work - Full Time Permanent Position.
• Shifts - Nightshift (12 Hours per day), Starting between 19:45PM, Rotating Shift (Working 4 Shifts One Week, then 3 Shifts the Next).
• Area - Littlehampton, West Sussex
Responsibilities of Senior Support Worker (Nights) - Mental Health
• Assisting with the practical tasks relating to the care of the service users such as cooking and cleaning.
• Establishing constructive relationships with the service users; ensuring they are always treated with the upmost respect and dignity.
• Ensuring that the needs of the service users in your care are being met by way of regularly reviewing and recording any changes to their needs.
• Supporting team members in the completion of induction programs and training as well as being on hand to help your colleagues throughout the shift.
• Meeting the physical, emotional, and cultural needs of the service users.
• Continually maintaining clear, accurate and up to date records of the service users you will be working with as well as ensuring that any care plans are being followed.
• Provide a supportive environment for the service users to meet their full potential.
• Administer medication in accordance with legal requirements and internal policies, book in received medication, participating in medication audits.
• Organise and deliver activities when required.
• Liaise with other healthcare professionals, with subjects related to the care of the service users.
Skills Required of Senior Support Worker (Nights) - Mental Health
• A genuine interest and passion for care work priding yourself on the service you provide in helping service users to progress and develop.
• There can be times when the position can be very challenging, and so resilience is an essential skill - However the team are always there to help and work together.
• It is essential that you are a team player as you will be working closely with all levels of the support team to provide the best care possible.
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal) as you will be responsible for accurate and frequent record keeping on the service users.
• Basic IT skills will be beneficial.
• Hold a NVQ Level 3, additional qualifications related to care would be beneficial for your application.
• Experience working with service users with mental health conditions and challenging behaviour is essential.
• Hold a valid UK driver's license.
Benefits of Senior Support Worker (Nights) - Mental Health
• A competitive salary - £17,837.82
• Enrolled into Pension scheme.
• For those that want to grow and develop, exciting career progression opportunities are always available.
• Fully funded DBS check at time of appointment.
• Overtime is paid at time and a half, for hours worked over 38.5hrs average weekly hours per week.
• Following successful appointment, relevant training and courses will be provided for advancement.
The position of Senior Support Worker (Nights) - Mental Health, is an incredibly rewarding position where you make a difference every day you go to work. If you feel you are right for the position and are happy to travel to Littlehampton, West Sussex or want any further details, please do not hesitate to contact Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your