Male Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
We have just an exciting opportunity come available for a keen and motivated Male Support Worker to join our well-established client based in the Lowestoft, Suffolk area. As a Male Support Worker, you will play a key role in supporting adults with complex needs assisting those with behavioural, emotional, and learning difficulties.
This will be a challenging role; however, the rewards of this position are incomparable as you will be making a difference every single day.
Our client is recruiting due to rapid continued growth and are looking for keen individuals that will uphold their high standards of care and service and take pride in helping adults to achieve their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity which will allow you to make a difference to people's lives every day!
• Salary - £17,374.50
• Hours of Work - Full Time Permanent Position.
• Shifts - Working shifts run over a 7-day period (this will include working alternate weekends).
• Area - Lowestoft, Suffolk
Responsibilities of Male Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
• Collaborating and working with all levels of the support staff team, to always protect and safeguard the adults.
• The service users enjoy a healthy and practical life, and due to this you will be arranging and participating in fun and active events.
• Assisting with the practical tasks related to the care of the service users, such as cooking cleaning, and general maintenance.
• Establishing constructive and energetic relationships with the service users, ensuring they are always treated with the highest level of respect and dignity.
• Meeting physical, emotional, and cultural needs of the service users.
• Continually maintaining clear, accurate and up to date records of the adults you will be working with.
• Ensuring that the needs of the young adults in your care are being met by way of regularly reviewing and recording any changes to their needs.
Skills Required of Male Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
• A genuine interest and passion for support work, taking pride in the service you provide and the affect you have on other's lives.
• Due to the nature of the work, at times it can be challenging however the team are all always available for any help and support however resilience is a must.
• It is essential that you are a team player as you will be working closely with all levels of the support team to provide the best care possible.
• Excellent written and verbal skills are imperative as you will be responsible for strong and accurate record keeping.
• You will be using computer systems, and therefore basic IT skills and computer literacy are essential.
• Either reside in or can travel to Lowestoft, Suffolk.
Benefits of Male Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
• A competitive salary - £17,374.50
• In depth training and development is available with time planned out of your rota to allow you to attend.
• 28 days Annual Leave.
• Paid for Care Certificates and other professional qualifications.
• 25% bank holiday enhancement.
• Enrolled into Pension scheme.
• For those that want to grow and develop, exciting career progression opportunities are always available.
• Fully funded DBS check at time of appointment.
The position of Male Support Worker - Learning Disabilities, is an incredibly rewarding position where you make a difference every day you go to work. If you feel you are right for the position and can travel to Lowestoft, Suffolk or want any further details, please do not hesitate to contact Joseph Haselgrove at our Peterborough office for a confidential chat.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your