Healthcare Assistant - Colchester
We are recruiting for an experienced Healthcare Assistant to join the gap healthcare team and undertake shifts at a residential care home in Colchester, Essex!
A position is available on the day shift and one on the night shift. You will be assisting residents in the home with personal care and domestic help, whilst respecting their dignity and individuality at all times.
This is an exciting position for someone looking to pick up additional or ad-hoc hours that work around their current lifestyle.
Your job role will include:
- Getting to know residents, their interests and their needs
- Helping residents with daily personal care such as washing, dressing, using the toilet and feeding themselves
- Carrying out general tasks such as housework, laundry and shopping
- Helping residents manage their budget, pay bills and write letters
- Helping families get used to new caring responsibilities
- Working with other health and social care professionals to provide individual care and development plans
- Provide individual care and development plans helping to organise leisure activities
This role is subject to candidates having the following:
- Proof of right to work within the U.K.
- A Registered DBS
- Previous experience as either a Carer, Support Worker or Healthcare Assistant
- A driving licence is not essential but would be advantageous
- A kind and compassionate nature
Pay: £8.75ph to £13.00ph
Shift Pattern: 07:00-1900 or 19:00-0700
Help us make a difference to someone`s life today- apply online or call gap healthcare on either 01603 917922 or 07823345946.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your