gap healthcare is currently looking for several Support Workers to join our friendly & hardworking teams in Diss, Suffolk.
The service is the leading independent provider of behavioural care in the UK.
As a successful support worker, you will be responsible for supporting service users with their day to day lives.
Our workers are committed to providing the best care to each person who seeks support with us and prides themselves on placing service users at the heart of their treatment, rehabilitation and education journey. This approach ensures that service users are allocated to the best expert for their needs and benefit from a truly bespoke and caring programme.
The service is a long-established company, with a prestigious history.
Over the years, they have developed an unrivalled reputation for delivering a real and lasting difference for each individual that passes their door.
• Facilitating socialisation and social activities.
• Monitoring progress and recording daily notes onto the Ipad Log.
• Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user.
• To empathise and actively listen in a sensitive manner accessing appropriate additional support where necessary.
• To ensure that service users maintain their independence, privacy and high standard of living.
• Putting people first - Put the needs of our service users above all else
• Being supportive - Support our colleagues, our service users and their families when they need us most
• Acting with integrity - They are honest, transparent and decent. Treat each other with respect
• Striving for excellence - With over 140 years' experience, they have been trusted by their service users with their care. We take this trust seriously and constantly strive to improve the services we provide
• Being positive
Essential Skills, Experience & Attitude:
• Minimum 6 months of experience in working as a Support Worker/Carer.
• An understanding of the needs of adults with mental health who are vulnerable within society.
• Able to undertake safe manual handling practices including possessing current practical manual handling training and certification.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Observant and sensitive to a Service User's needs.
• Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team.
• Knowledge of food hygiene/manual handling/health & safety standards and practices.
• Current NAPPI/MVA training would be advantageous.
• A current Enhanced Adult and Child Workforce DBS.
Location: Diss, Suffolk.
Pay: £8.50ph to £10.50ph
Benefits: Great Pay, Flexihours, Temp of the Month, regular coffee mornings and much more!
At gap healthcare we can offer an excellent rate of pay as advertised as well as full time hours or block bookings.
gap healthcare employees need to be professional, punctual and passionate about making a difference.
If this sounds like the job for you, help us make a difference to somebodies life today!
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your