Are you a dedicated and passionate support worker?
Are you looking for an exciting new position that is not only financially rewarding, but will also give you job satisfaction & fulfilment?
Are you looking for a new challenge that is flexible around your commitments?
If yes, then read on and learn more about the roles that gap healthcare have today!
gap healthcare are currently recruiting for Support Workers like you!
Your main duties would include:
• Working on secure, forensic units with service users who have a learning disability and who have been detained under The Mental Health Act.
• Assisting qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans
• Following instruction from Nurse in Charge and/or Seniors on shift
• Maintaining and promoting the privacy and dignity of all patients at all times
• Observe and monitor the wellbeing of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
• Being able to safely carry out observations and engage with patients, escorting patients on leave
• Being able to use de-escalation, distraction and diversion techniques
• To assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness and tidiness and always adhere to infection control policy and procedures
• Develop and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries
• Help promote and maintain an environment to meet the needs of the patient, relatives and carers
• To receive and convey information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner and ensure all persons visiting the ward are greeted and assisted in a welcoming and supportive manner
• To promote recovery
To be considered for this role you will need:
• A current DBS
• In date training certificates are useful but gap health care are able to provide training
• Right to work in the UK
• A minimum of 6 months paid experience in health & social care
• Own car is desirable but not essential
In return for your hard work, you will get:
• Weekly pay
• Flexible hours
• Free uniform
• Free refresher training
• 24/7 out of hours telephone support
• Pension scheme
At gap healthcare we offer excellent rates of pay, full time or ad-hoc hours and block bookings
Please contact the gap healthcare team on 01603 917922 or 07823345946, quoting reference J3388
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your