Support Worker (Outreach)
gap healthcare is a leading health and social care agency, who provide care and support staff to companies within the healthcare sector.
We have an exciting opportunity for Support Worker to join the team and provide support to challenging children and young adults in Lowestoft, Suffolk.
This role entails working with teenagers going though difficult times, who present some challenging behaviours. We are looking for Support Workers who are not only motivated and committed, but who also have a calm approach and can react calmly in stressful situations and deal with difficult/challenging behaviours in a positive way.
You must understand the importance of lone working in order to provide the highest standard of support and care possible. If you are passionate, caring and a hard worker then you could be a great fit for our team!
Shifts: Typical hours are 09:00-09:00, with a sleep in from 23:00-08:00. These hours can vary and not all shifts will require a sleep in. Both full-time and part-time positions are currently available!
What the role entails:
- Promote independent living and encourage the young people to make their own informed decisions
- Support and guide where necessary; encouraging education, training and employment opportunities
- Help the young people to develop life skills, including house-keeping, finances and leading a healthy lifestyle
- Working 1-1 with the young people in order to build up a strong relationship with them
- Organising social events/days out aimed at developing young people's social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation.
- As the young people will be looking to you for guidance, you must lead by example and be a positive role model
- Enthusiastic and caring, with a good nature - due to the nature of the role you must be non-judgemental and empathetic
- Able to communicate in a positive way with young people and build strong, long-lasting relationships
- Previous experience as either a Support Worker or Key Worker
This role is subject to candidates having the following:
- An Enhanced Child and Adult Workforce DBS
- Proof of right to work within the U.K.
- Due to the requirements of the role, a Full Driving Licence
gap healthcare employees need to be professional, punctual and passionate about making a difference.
Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk - travel to Ipswich will be required
Pay: £8.75ph - £9.50ph
Benefits: Staff Uniform, Great Pay, 24/7 Out of Hours Support, Flexihours, Temp of the Month, regular coffee mornings and much more!
Help us make a difference to someone`s life, by applying today. Call Rosie at gap healthcare on 01603 917922 or apply online today.
We are open Monday to Friday, 08:30 till 17:30, so please feel free to pop in for a chat and a coffee - the kettle is always on!
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your