gap healthcare are currently recruiting for permanent residential support workers to work in a children's home in the Tilbury area.
We are looking for people who can make a positive impact on children and young people's lives.
You will need to be/have:
• No less than 22 years of age (required)
• Have excellent communication skills (required)
• An ability to work as a part of a dedicated team
• Be passionate and fun loving with the ability to maintain professional boundaries (essential)
• Knowledge of safeguarding and protection procedures (desirable although training will be provided
• Knowledge of emotional, behavioural and learning difficulties (desirable although training and support will be given)
• NVQ diploma level 3 qualification is desirable but not essential (our client will fund you to complete this qualification)
• A basic understanding of IT and report writing (desirable but not essential)
• Experience of managing challenging behaviour (desirable but not essential as training will be provided)
• The ability to remain calm in stressful situations (essential)
• The ability to provide high standards of care for children in all areas of their lives that enables them to grow and flourish and be the best they can be (essential)
The role will include weekend, bank holiday and evening working and may include sleep in duties which additional payments will be made.
What our client can offer you:
• Salary - £17,500 - £19,000 (role and experience dependent, dependent on job role. e.g. RSW, Bank, Waking Nights)
• Full time (contracted for 37.5 hours per week) rota, shift patterns, hours averaged over rota
• Clear career progression
• Comprehensive training package including funded NVQ level three
• Regular team meetings
• Regular supervisions with senior staff members
• Childcare vouchers
• Pension Scheme
Please apply now for an immediate interview
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap personnel, Quattro Healthcare Ltd TA gap healthcare & Quattro Recruitment Ltd TA gap professional) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.