Healthcare Assistant - Full Time - Permanent
Our prestigious and reputable Learning Disabilties client based local to Horsford, Norfolk are seeking experienced Healthcare Assistant to join the team on a full-time, permanent basis. The position is situated in an adults Residential Service, where the successful candidate will be supporting service users with a range of learning disabilities and complex needs, including epilepsy.You will be responsible for supporting service users on a day-to-day basis, ensuring high quality care is provided at all times, as well as promoting independence, dignity and respect.
Established over two decades ago, the company ethos is centred around the people they support and their families. Everything they do is to benefit the service users, helping them to become more independent and fulfull their maximum potential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant looking for their next exciting role in a CQC rated 'good' home!
- Providing emotional support by talking to clients and listening to their problems and concerns
- Safe administration of medication
- Providing personal care to service users, which will include use of a hoist
- Assisting with domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, washing and shopping
- Helping clients to budget and handle money
- Helping clients participate in leisure activities
- Providing information and support to the families of those within your care.
- Maintaining medical records.
- Providing companionship.
- Previous experience as either a Support Worker or Healthcare Assistant
- You will ideally have experience looking after those with Learning Disabilities
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- An NVQ/Diploma L2 or 3 in Health and Social Care would be advantageous but is not essential
- A kind and caring nature
The successful applicant will be professional, dedicated and enthusiastic. They must be able to deliver the high standard of care that is not only expected by the company but by the service users' families.
In Return For Your Hard Work:
- You will be paid a competitive hourly rate of £8.30ph, which will increase upon completing your first year service
- The opportunity for overtime, which is paid at an enhanced rate
- The chance to join a fast-growing Healthcare provider with excellent opportunities for progression
- A great company reward scheme and staff discount scheme
In order to qualify for the role you must have the following:
- Proof of Right To Work within the U.K.
- A valid driving licence would be advantageous, however is not essential
So if you are passionate about care, looking for a new role and interested, please apply online or call Rosie at gap healthcare on 01603 917922.
Please also feel free to pop into our office- the kettle is always on!
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your