gap healthcare are seeking Support Workers to work at one of our prestigious clients in Lowestoft, Suffolk!
You must understand the importance of lone working in order to provide the highest standard of support and care possible. If you are passionate, caring and a hard worker then you could be a great fit for our team!
This role entails working with service users with challenging behaviour, and so we are looking for Support Workers who are not only motivated and committed, but who also have a calm approach and can react calmly in stressful situations and deal with difficult/challenging behaviours in a positive way.
What the role entails:
You will be supporting residents on a day-to-day basis, encouraging a 'recovery' based perspective to care, including a holistic approach.
- Caring for residents experiencing acute mental distress or who have an enduring mental illness.
- Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress.
- Applying `de-escalation` techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour.
- Preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals.
- Working 1-1 with the young people in order to build up a strong relationship with them
- Encouraging patients to take part in art, drama or occupational therapy where appropriate.
- Organising social events aimed at developing patients social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation.
This role is subject to candidates having the following:
- An Enhanced Child and Adult Workforce DBS
- In Date Trainings Certificates
- Proof of right to work within the U.K.
** Travel to Ipswich will be required, so having a driving licence would be advantageous **
gap healthcare employees need to be professional, punctual and passionate about making a difference.
Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
Pay: £8.50ph - £10.50ph
At gap healthcare we offer excellent rates of pay as advertised, as well as full-time hours or block bookings.
Please contact Rosie on 01603 917922 for more details.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your