Have you got what is takes to join the passionate and caring team of Support Workers here at gap healthcare? If the answer is yes then read on…
gap healthcare is seeking experienced Support Workers to join one of our leading Mental Healthcare clients in the Norwich area.
Applicants must not only have a minimum of 6 months experience, but also be passionate and motivated to provide nothing but the highest standard of care.
Your job role will include:
- General housekeeping e.g. domestic duties e.t.c, and helping Service Users to maintain all aspects of their domestic lives.
- Facilitating socialisation and social activities e.g. visiting family/friends, walks, cinema/theatre, meals out.
- Monitoring progress and recording notes on daily record sheets relating to each visit.
- Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user.
- To empathise and actively listen in a sensitive manner accessing appropriate additional support where necessary.
- To support Service Users to access appropriate health care provision enabling them to make an informed choice regarding any prescribed treatment, seeking advice where necessary.
- To create opportunities for Service Users to develop establish and maintain personal relationships and social networks, which encourage greater participation and integration in their chosen communities.
- Preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals.
Essential Skills, Experience & Attitude:
- Minimum 6 months of experience working within a similar environment.
- An understanding of the needs of patients.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good telephone manner and good level of spoken English.
- Observant and sensitive to a Service User's needs.
- Ability to liaise with outside agencies and other professionals.
- Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of food hygiene/manual handling/health & safety standards and practices.
gap healthcare employees need to be professional, punctual and passionate about making a difference.
Location: North of Norwich
At gap healthcare we offer excellent rates of pay as advertised, as well as full-time hours or block bookings.
Please contact Rosie on: 01603 917922 or 07823345946
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your