AGENCY RMN SHIFTS
Are you a Registered Mental Health Nurse? Are you looking to provide extra support to those in need during the Covid-19 crisis?
The job would be on a flexible part-time or full-time basis and will include weekends, days and/or nights as the hospital runs 24/7.
Duties will include:
• Caring for patients experiencing acute mental distress or who have an enduring mental illness;
• Assessing and talking to patients about their problems and discussing the best way to plan and deliver their care;
• Building relationships with patients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns;
• Ensuring the correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitoring the results of treatment;
• Responding to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress;
• Applying 'de-escalation' techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour;
• Preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals;
• Providing evidence-based individual therapy, such as cognitive behaviour therapy for depression and anxiety;
• Encouraging patients to take part in art, drama or occupational therapy where appropriate;
• Organising social events aimed at developing patients' social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation;
• Preparing and maintaining patient records;
• Producing care plans and risk assessments for individual patients;
• Ensuring that the legal requirements appropriate to a particular setting or group of patients are observed;
• Working with patients' families and carers, helping to educate them and the patient about their mental health problems;
• Promoting a 'recovery' based approach to care.
Applicants must have:
• Registered NMC PIN
• Enhanced DBS
• Proof of Right to Work
• Experience in a similar role
Location: North of Norwich, Norfolk
Pay: £16.00ph - £20.00ph
Benefits: FREE Refresher Training, Staff Uniform, 24/7 Support, Pension Scheme,
At gap healthcare we offer excellent rates of pay as advertised, as well as full-time hours or block bookings.
Please contact Rosie on 01603 917922 or 07823345946 to find out more!
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of gap personnel group (Quattro Recruitment Ltd & Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. gap personnel group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
By applying for the above position and providing your